Experienced professionals in the Oil & Gas Sector may already be familiar with some elements of the Sologic Root Cause Analysis (RCA) problem solving method.
After all, investigating the cause of a quality failure or some other production problem is an activity that all oil and gas companies must do, often in an environment of zero tolerances. As a result, firms, customers, and regulators are strongly encouraging the sector to employ stronger RCA methods as a way to substantially improve quality, EH&S and reliability.
Sologic are an established provider of Root Cause Analysis skills and tools to the Oil & Gas Industry with established clients across the world. As a result, our training courses, methods and software products are aligned to the unique needs of the sector. Sologic RCA removes the reliance on subjective guess work, old-faithful solutions and circular discussions. Replacing this with a repeatable process, scalable for accuracy and built on objective analysis.
So, what exactly is a truly effective RCA and what does it deliver? At its core, RCA is a process for identifying the causes of problems or events in order to prevent them from recurring. It is based on the idea that effective management requires more than putting out fires for problems that develop, but finding a way to prevent them. RCA can also be employed as a means of identifying best practice, supporting continual improvement and rewarding evidence based decision making.
The methodology provides oil and gas professionals with:
- Insight into underlying causes of problems and successes in quality and safety
- Solutions with immediate and lasting impact, especially in reliability field
- A unified method to address contractor non-conformance
- Compliance with the expectations and guidelines of regulators and HSE
- Reducing complaints and building a better reputation and experience for customers
- Opportunities to improve weakness or failures in supply chain
- Automated reports for improved transparency and compliance
- Creating a competitive edge for winning new business
Our evidence based method enables oil and gas companies and professionals to uncover the genuine systemic and non-systemic causes of failure and understand where they can focus their continual improvement efforts. Supported by the powerful Causelink software product, the Sologic RCA method also integrates and supports complimentary programs such as CAPA, Six Sigma, ISO and LEAN.
Explains types of causes which can combine to result in an incident. Helped me to structure my thought processes when doing Root Cause Analysis and ask questions which I may not have asked otherwise.