Professionals in water, waste and the environment sector may already be familiar with Root Cause Analysis as a complex problem-solving method.
Companies, professional bodies, and especially industry regulators are strongly encouraging the sector to employ effective RCA as way to build resilience and substantially improve stakeholder experience. Sologic are established providers of Root Cause Analysis skills to this, and related environmental industries. For many years our training courses, methods and software have been tailored to the specific needs of this unique sector.
So, what exactly is an effective RCA and what does it deliver to the water, waste and environment industry. At its core, RCA is a process for identifying the causes of problems or events in order to prevent them from recurring. It is based on the idea that effective management requires more than putting out fires for problems that develop, but finding a way to prevent them. RCA can also be employed as a means of identifying best practice, supporting continual improvement and rewarding evidence based decision making.
The methodology assists water, waste and environmental professionals with:
- Identifying underlying causes of significant problems or successes
- Delivering solutions with immediate and lasting impact
- Opportunities to overcome increased complexity in systems
- Compliance with the growing expectations and guidelines of regulators
- Reducing complaints and building a better reputation and experience for customers
- Opportunities to improve failing systems and build resilience
- Automated reports for improved transparency and compliance
- Creating a competitive edge for winning new business
This is brought into context with regulator Ofwat encouraging companies to understand and tackle the challenges that are ahead.
Sologic are a global leader in providing Root Cause Analysis training, skills development and software to the water and waste industry. Our evidence based method enables companies to discover the genuine systemic and non-systemic causes of failure and understand where they can focus their continual improvement efforts. We welcome the opportunity to help you solve problems, overcome complexity and improve quality.
We didn’t so much as start thinking outside the box, with Sologic we really just started looking in the box properly for the first time.
QA Manager, Waste Management