Experienced professionals in the Aviation and Aerospace industries may already be familiar with some elements of the Sologic Root Cause Analysis (RCA) problem solving method.
After all, investigating the cause of a quality failure or some other production problem is an activity that all aerospace companies must do, some with greater frequency than others. As a result, firms, customers, and regulators are strongly encouraging the sector to employ effective RCA methods as a way to substantially improve quality, safety and reliability.
Sologic are an established provider of Root Cause Analysis skills and tools to the aviation industry with established clients in Europe, the USA and Asia. As a result our training courses, methods and software apps are tailored to the specific needs of the sector.
So, what exactly is a truly effective RCA and what does it deliver? At its core, RCA is a process for identifying the causes of problems or events in order to prevent them from recurring. It is based on the idea that effective management requires more than putting out fires for problems that develop, but finding a way to prevent them. RCA can also be employed as a means of identifying best practice, supporting continual improvement and rewarding evidence based decision making.
The methodology provides aerospace and professionals with:
- Insight into underlying causes of problems and successes in quality and safety
- Solutions with immediate and lasting impact, especially in reliability field
- A unified method to overcome silos and increased complexity in R&D
- Compliance with the expectations and guidelines of regulators and regions
- Reducing complaints and building a better reputation and experience for customers
- Opportunities to improve weakness or failures in supply chain
- Automated reports for improved transparency and compliance
- Creating a competitive edge for winning new business
This all becomes increasingly relevant with customers and regulators around the world often citing insufficient or poorly executed Root Cause Analysis programs as major quality weaknesses in the aviation industry.
Our evidence based method enables aerospace and aviation companies and professionals to uncover the genuine systemic and non-systemic causes of failure and understand where they can focus their continual improvement efforts. Supported by the powerful Causelink software product, the Sologic RCA method also integrates and supports complimentary programs such as Six Sigma, ISO and LEAN.
Sologic RCA was a major part of our recent program of change. It made problem solving quicker, less political and, above all, more effective.
Project Manager, Aviation Company